Rose gold has gained in popularity over recent years, with many people as likely to choose this rosy hued option as yellow and white gold. But what do you need to consider when buying a rose gold engagement ring?
Firstly, let's go into what is great about rose gold.
1. This gorgeous metal complements many different skin tones.
2. It does not need to be rhodium plated like white gold (however even this is becoming less important for white gold, with many people opting for the warm yellowish tones of white gold in its natural state before rhodium plating)
3. According to many people, it has a more romantic 'vintage' feel to it than its white and yellow counterparts
4. It looks gorgeous paired up with contrasting gem colours such as Green Sapphire - or even black diamond!
There are some things to keep in mind about rose gold however, if you are deciding if it is right for you.
1. Rose gold does not 'tarnish' in the traditional sense, however due to its copper content (what give it that beautiful colouring) it can become darker and redder over time, giving it a tarnished appearance.
2. The copper content in rose gold means they are not a good hypoallergenic option for those whose skin tends to have allergic reactions, especially when it comes to wearing jewellery.
All of our designs are available in rose gold - so feel free to have a browse around the site or let us know if you have any questions at all :)